Monday, October 8, 2012

Still Standing

Another creation using the Paper by 53 app for the iPad. Here's a shout-out to Ben Bonner for another great message on Sunday about miracles and being a miracle maker in a our everyday lives. Ben is the assistant pastor at Christ Fellowship Church: http://www.christ-fellowship.com/. He is teaching most Sundays as our Senior Pastor, Marc Limbaugh, recovers at the Shepherd Center in Atlanta following a bad accident two weeks ago.

As I listened to Ben bring another message of hope yesterday, I opened my iPad and begin to compose this simple watercolor/ink piece. Sketching and doodling have always helped me focus on listening close to a speaker (notes are great but art is better!). 

Marc Limbaugh is also my father-in-law and as we wait for positive signs and reports each day of his recovery, my imagination composes pictures. I think of how Marc and I both are in awe of creation and all its wonders. I think of how Marc loves the mountains and rivers and streams. I think of how Marc once told a story of how he woke his four sons up on a trip out west to see a sunrise in a national park and how they watched it in awe together and how he treasured that shared moment. As Ben spoke, my heart turned to a sunset over mountains and a forest, the last glow before the night comes sweeping in with a blanket of stars. The end of another day fading into darkness.

By faith, I hold on to hope. In the morning, the sun will rise again. There will be mountains to climb, but we will find our path and sure footing. 

And we will stand in awe.

No comments:

Post a Comment